- What Causes Baldness & How is Hair Transplant Performed
- Enjoy Luxurious Amenities for Drug Rehabilitation this 2018
- Provide your elders independence as well as assistance choosing the right assisted living facility
- Dementia and N-anisoyl-2-pyrrolidinone?
- Choose Top And Favorite Synthetic Urine Brands
The hair loss is actually the case of losses of hair from part of the scalp or body, typically the hair loss of the scalp that is an effect of the genetic baldness or Androgenic alopecia. The other causes of hair loss may include that also presents the case of baldness is Alopecia areata, Telogen effluvium, and Trichotillomania. It is scientifically approved that the cure of genetic baldness is hair transplantation that is widely being taken by the hair loss patients that helps them to re-achieve their original looks and beauty. The hair transplant in India is a worthy decision as it caters the patients from all over the world with the best facilities and care. The hair transplant cost in India has also a favorable aspect with a reasonable graft price and hospital charges.
There are 4 types of hair Loss that must be addressed in time are as follows:
- Androgenic alopecia: It is a genetically affected and the combination of genes and hormone responsible case that is transferred from one generation to the next as an inherited tendency. Both the father’s and mother’s side can transfer the trait by presenting the male pattern and female pattern baldness respectively. The male sex hormone Androgen and the genes present the baldness by the sensitivity factor and cause the hair follicles to inhibit their growth and cycle. The hair follicle with the interaction of hormones, neuropeptides, and immune cells encourages to regulate hair growth, if any, of the factor, got affected inhibits the hair growth and miniaturization occurs. The DHT hormone (Testosterone+5-alpha reductase), which produces after a catalytic effect causes the hair loss and are sensitive to all body hair, except the safe donor part, i.e., the back & sides of the scalp. The genetic baldness must be addressed on time and a Surgeon recommends the transplantation procedure once the patient attained the maturity stage means the patient are above the age of 25 at the time of hair transplantation.
- Alopecia areata: The Alopecia areata or Cicatricial alopecia is also known as the spot baldness that occurs due to the autoimmune dysfunction. The stress may be a responsible factor, but family history is also a risk factor. It is not a genetic, but contagious and occurs more frequently in people who have affected family member. Heredity may be a case in some patients and presents the case of a permanent baldness. The immune system of the body fails to recognize their own body cells and mistakenly attack the hair follicles results in severe hair loss in the form of bald patches in small or all over areas of the body, including the scalp. The hair transplantation is recommended by the Surgeon if it’s a primary stage as the critical stage affects all other areas of the scalp, including the safe donor area. So, there is a need for careful planning and decision if the procedure is going to perform for the Alopecia areata patients.
- Telogen effluvium: It is a stress caused scalp disorder characterized by the severe thinning or shedding of hair. The prolonged stress, such as the death in family, separation or severe emotional disorder presents the case of Telogen effluvium in which hair enter to Telogen stage randomly and a disturbed hair growth cycle occurs. The autoimmune function of the body also got disturbed and attacks the hair follicles by inhibiting the growth of hair. So, the shedding occurs predominantly and thinning of hair requires the treatment measure.
- Trichotillomania: This is a psychological disorder in which affected patients are tending to pull their own scalp hair resulting from the extreme emotional stress. The trichotillomania causes the hair loss more severe and Doctors allow the medication in most of the cases and in some case the hair transplantation as well. It is also known as the hair pulling disorder.
How is Hair Transplantation Performed?
The procedure of hair restoration involves the transferring of hair roots from the occurrence zone to the loss zone followed by the extraction of hair roots, dissection of same under the higher magnification of microscopes, and finally the implantation of hair roots onto the recipient bald area. The making of hairline design and slit making process is an artistic part of the surgery that decides the success of the procedure majorly.
The hair Transplantation steps are jotted down below:
- Harvesting of hair roots: It is either done by the FUT technique or FUE. This process targets the safe donor area, i.e., the back & sides of the scalp for harvesting the hair roots.
- Dissection of Hair roots: This step is performed to separate the hair roots to make them easily possible for the purpose of implantation. The dissection is done under the higher magnification of microscopes such as 20x & 200x video-assisted microscopes.
- The Hairline design: It is an artistic part of the surgery requires an extreme precision and skills to design such hairline, which is all suitable for patient’s facial profile and gender.
- Slit making: This is also an artistic part that decided the angle and direction of hair root placement. The slitting is done in such a manner that embarks the hair placement direction to meet the aesthetic demand of the procedure.
- Implantation of Hair Roots: The implantation is the final stage of the hair transplantation closes the process by implanting the hair roots to the recipient bald portion.
On the whole, we can say that the hair loss problem may arise due to any reason associated with genetic, physical or emotional illness, but if we talk about a permanent solution to baldness; it is only the hair transplant procedure.